I love vegetables in cakes, but it’s not just carrot cake. Courgette cakes and parsnip cakes are just as good. And don’t get me started on Beetroot brownies.
Courgette cakesCourse: CakeDifficulty: Easy
Like a carrot cake -only better
56g Self raising flour
28g brown sugar
1/2 medium courgette
1/4 tbsp honey, optional
1/2 tbsp orange or apple juice
1/4 tsp mixed spice
- Preheat the oven to 190°/170° fan/ gas 5
- Using your fingers rub the flour and butter together until it looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar, raisins and spice.
- Grate the courgette and add to the bowl along with the egg.
- Mix well and spoon the mixture into your cupcake cases.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes