Hands up if you love a custard cream. me, me, me, me!
I love them. They are the perfect biscuit if you are looking for a sweet treat with a cuppa.
Did you know you can make them yourself? Here we go
Custard creamsCourse: Eat Sleep Bake Repeat
- Biscuit dough
110g plain flour
20g caster sugar
1 tsp milk
1 1/2 tbsps custard powder
- Custard cream filling
56g icing sugar
1 tbsp custard powder
- Preheat oven to 190º/170º fan/Gas 5
- In a large mixing bowl, rub the butter and flour together, until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and custard powder.
- Add the egg and milk and knead into a ball.
- Roll the dough until same thickness as a pound coin. Make sure you cut out an even number.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes