Firework biscuitsCourse: biscuitsDifficulty: Easy
bright colourful biscuits which remind me of Catherine wheels
110g plain flour
splash of milk
56g caster sugar
2 food dyes
- in a large mixing bowl, rub together half the butter and half the flour, until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add half the sugar, a splash of milk and one of your food dyes.
Mix well, until a nice soft dough is formed.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Roll out each dough into a rectangle, roughly of equal size.
- Smooth one of the doughs with milk, and carefully place the second dough on the top.
- Roll the doughs up into a sausage shape. Using a serrated knife, cut the dough into 1 cm rounds and place on the baking tray.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes