Do you meal plan? Do you know how to meal plan? Are you one of those people who can conjure something out of nothing every night? Or do you despair as soon as it comes time to prepare dinner?
It's not so bad at the moment with me at home most of the day, but when I am working, getting a meal on the table isn't always top of my list of priorities. And apparently I have to feed them EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
So a while ago, I started to meal plan to stop the rut of having the same meal on the same day of the week, every week, for months on end.
So, where do I start?
- Print a blank calendar page. I get mine from blank calendar pages.com.
2. Fill in any special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries etc.)
3. Add in any regular clubs that your family attends, that will impact family meals (I know that seems cruel at the moment, given that putting the bins out is a highlight of the week, but zoom meetings still count).
4. Add in regular food nights that you may enjoy as a family. Midweek roast or Taco Tuesday.
5. Fill in the remaining blanks, by mixing up proteins or alternating meat and meat-free meals.
And that's all there is to it. Now, all you have to do is check your fridge, freezer and cupboards to organise your shopping list.
Still none the wiser?. Sign up below for my weekly meal planners.