Nutella Christmas tree
1 packet ready roll pastry
1 jar Hazelnut spread
- Preheat the oven to 190°/170° fan/GM5 Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pastry and lay out with the long edge nearest to you. Cut in half vertically.
- Place one half on the baking tray and gently score (with a table knife) a large triangle shape.
- Fill the triangle with Nutella® and spread with the back of a spoon.
Lay the second piece of pastry on top and cut the shape out of both sheets.
- Cut the branches but don't cut all the way through to the centre. You need to leave a trunk.
- Twist each branch away from you. The lower branches can be twisted twice.
Cut a star from the trimmings and place on top of the tree. Brush the tree and star with beaten egg.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes. The spread will be really hot.