The simplest most delicious biscuit that we only ever had at Christmas when I was growing up. No time for that nonsense - shortbread is for life, not just for Christmas!
Shortbread biscuitsCourse: Uncategorized
115g butter, room temperature
55g caster sugar
180g plain flour
- Place the butter into a mixing bowl and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Add the flour and mix until you have a lovely dough.
- Roll the dough out to 1 cm thick and cut into rounds or fingers.
- Place on a baking sheet and prick with a fork.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes until pale golden brown
- Award yourself star baker and enjoy whilst watching the bake-off
- You can chill the dough in the fridge after shaping it and putting it on the baking tray, but I'm always far too impatient for biscuits!