This is my go to shortcrust pastry recipe and makes enough to line and top an 8" pie. I also use it as a base for Norfolk shortcakes. Recipe coming soon!
Shortcrust PastryCourse: Uncategorized
8oz plain (all purpose) flour
4oz unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 - 4 Tbsp water, to bind
- Rub the butter into the flour until you have fine breadcrumbs.
- Add 3 Tbsp water and bind together.
- If it is still to dry and doesn't give a nice dough drip the remainder of water in whilst bringing it all together.
- Wrap in cling film and rest for 5 minutes. Use in your chosen recipe.
- The ratio for this pastry is 2:1 flour to fat, so if your recipe calls for 300g pastry then you will want 200g flour and 100g fat.