The weather has taken a chilly turn, so it's time to crack out the pumpkin spice recipes.
The first one is spicy pumpkin muffins.
Spicy pumpkin muffinsCourse: CakeDifficulty: Easy
Simple but delicious pumpkin muffins
112g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pumpkin spice *
50g caster sugar
25g soft brown sugar
100g pumpkin puree
1 large egg
60g baking spread or unsalted butter
pinch of salt
- Pre heat the oven to 200°/180° fan/Gas 6.
- MIx all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the egg and the pumpkin puree.
- Melt the baking spread and then add to the egg and pumpkin mix.
- Add the wet ingredients in to the dry ones and then mix well until all the flour is incorporated.
- Share the batter between the 6 cupcake cases and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- If you are struggling to find pumpkin pie spice mix in the shops, you can make your own.
🥄 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
🥄1 tsp ground ginger
🥄1 tsp ground nutmeg
🥄1/2 tsp ground cloves