Victoria SpongeCourse: EatSleepCookRepeatDifficulty: Moderate
A traditional Victoria sponge, perfect with morning coffee, afternoon tea, evening wine. You’ve got it - it’s perfect all the time!
200g caster sugar
200g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 190°/170° fan/GM5
- Grease and line 2 x 7” cake tins.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, adding a Tbsp of flour at the same time and mix well. Continue until all the egg is mixed in.
- Add baking powder and vanilla extract, followed by remaining flour. Fold in well until all flour incorporated.
- Share between the 2 tins and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from oven and allow to cool 8n tin for 5minutes. Then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Cover one cake with raspberry jam and lay the second on top.